- Grid North Partners Overview
- Birds and Powerlines
- EMF – Electric Magnetic Field
- Making Tomorrows Energy Possible
- MN Regulatory Process R-O-W Acquisition and Construction – MN
- R-O-W Acquisition and Construction – ND
- SD Regulatory Process Understanding Easements ROW – MN
- Underground Transmission Lines
- WI Regulatory Process
- CapX Quarterly November 2009
- CapX Quarterly – January 2010
- CapX Quarterly – April 2010
- CapX Quarterly – August 2010
- CapX Quarterly – November 2010
- CapX Quarterly – March 2011
- CapX Quarterly – July 2011
- CapX Quarterly – February 2012
- CapX Quarterly – February 2013
- CapX Quarterly – July 2013
- CapX Quarterly – October 2013
- CapX Quarterly – February 2014
- CapX Quarterly – July 2014
- CapX Quarterly – Winter 2014
- CapX Quarterly – Spring 2015
- CapXQuarterly – Winter 2015
- CapXQuarterly – Spring 2016
- CapXQuarterly – November 2016
- CapX Quarterly – October 2017
NEWSLETTERS & POSTCARDS
- September 2007 CapX2020 open houses scheduled
- December 2007 CapX2020 update
- March 2008 CapX2020 Fargo-St. Cloud-Monticello project update
- March 2008 CapX2020 Brookings County-Hampton project update
- May 2008 CapX2020 Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse project update
- May 2008 CapX2020 Fargo-St. Cloud-Monticello project open houses scheduled
- June 2008 CapX2020 Brookings County-Hampton project update
- June 2008 CapX2020 Fargo-St. Cloud-Monticello project update
- June 2008 CapX2020 Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse project update
- August 2008 CapX2020 Brookings project update
- September 2008 CapX2020 Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse project 75th Street corridor update
- December 2008 CapX2020 Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse project update
- January 2009 Brookings County-Hampton Route Permit application filed
- April 2009 Monticello-St. Cloud Route Permit application filed
- July 2009 CapX2020 Red River-St. Cloud project update
- October 2009 CapX2020 Fargo-St. Cloud Route Permit application filed
- January 2010 CapX2020 Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse Route Permit application filed
- May 2010 law judge recommends route for Brookings County-Hampton project
- May 2010 Fargo-St. Cloud public meetings scheduled in North Dakota
- June 2010 law judge recommends route for Monticello-St. Cloud project
- August 2010 MN PUC approves Brookings County-Hampton Route Permit
- September 2010 Fargo-St. Cloud project draft EIS public meetings scheduled
- November 2010 Fargo-St. Cloud project Route Permit application public hearings scheduled
- December 2010 state adds Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse route alternatives for review in environmental study
- March 2011 public open houses scheduled about proposed routes in North Dakota
- March 2011 MN PUC approves Belle Plaine crossing for Brookings County-Hampton project
- May 2011 law judge recommends route for Fargo-St. Cloud project
- June 2011 MN PUC approves Fargo-St. Cloud project Route Permit
- July 2011 public open houses on North Rochester-Chester 161 kV project
- August 2011 Monticello-St. Cloud project helicopter and explosion power line work
- January 2012 Brookings County-Hampton project news
- February 2012 law judge recommends route for Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse project in Minnesota
- April 2012 MN PUC selects final Minnesota route for Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse 345 kV line
- June 2012 CapX2020 hosting public open houses on new transmission line project
- July 2012 PSCW selects final Wisconsin route for Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse 345 kV line
- August 2012 CapX2020 studying route options for Big Stone South-Brookings County project
- September 2012 Brookings County-Hampton project update
- October 2012 CapX2020 hosting public open houses on Big Stone South-Brookings County project
- December 2012 CapX2020 selects proposed route for Big Stone South-Brookings County project
- May 2013 CapX2020 Fargo-St Cloud project construction update
- Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse Project Update (July 2013)
- Fargo-St. Cloud Project Update (September 2013)
- November 2013 Helicopter work on Brookings County-Hampton project.
- December 2013 Big Stone South-Brookings County project update
- December 2013 Helicopter work on Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse project
- May 2014 Helicopter work on Fargo-St. Cloud project
- Big Stone South-Brookings County update (May 2014)
- September 2014 Implosive Connector: Hampton Rochester-La Crosse project
- October 2014 Big Stone South-Brookings County Soil Borings
- December 2014 Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse Wisconsin Helicopter and Implosions
- December 2014 Fargo-St. Cloud North Dakota Helicopter and Implosions
- Brookings County-Hampton project: Year in review (December 2014)
- Helicopters & Implosive Connectors: Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse project (May 2015)
- Big Stone South-Brookings County project update (July 2015)
- Big Stone South-Brookings County project info (September 2015)
- Helicopters used in construction: Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse (October 2015)
- Helicopter work update: Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse project (March 2016)
- Big Stone South-Brookings County project update (May 2016)
- Big Stone South-Brookings County update (February 2017)
Grid North Partners owns the copyright for these high voltage transmission and wind photos photos. To obtain high resolution images please call (612) 330-7697 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Grid North Partners also asks that photos are attributed “Courtesy of Grid North Partners.” To download a medium resolution version of a photo, right-click on a thumbnail image and select Save Link As , Save Target As or Download Linked File As (depending on your web browser).
CapX2020 Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse project
The 156-mile project was completed in September, 2016.
Bird Diverter Installation
A helicopter is used to install bird diverters on the CapX2020 Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse project.
CapX2020 Fargo-St. Cloud-Monticello project
The 240-mile project runs from Monticello, Minnesota to Mapleton, North Dakota.
CapX2020 Brookings County-Hampton project
The 250-mile project runs from a new substation near Brookings, South Dakota and the Hampton Substation in Hampton, Minnesota.
CapX2020 Mississippi River construction
CapX2020 crews construct a triple circuit transmission line across the Mississippi River between Minnesota and Wisconsin.
CapX2020 interphase spacer installation
Crews on the CapX2020 Brookings County-Hampton 345 kV transmission line project installed interphase spacers on September 22, 2014. The spacers are designed to prevent galloping.
CapX2020 Briggs Road transformer move
Rosemount based Vic’s Crane & Heavy Haul, Inc. used a 14-axle self-propelled trailer that is run remotely to transport a 378,000 pound CapX2020 Briggs Road Transformer almost 7 miles from a rail siding.
CapX2020 North Rochester transformer move
A 542,000 pound transformer is moved into the new North Rochester Substation near Pine Island. The transformer is part of the CapX2020 Hampton-Rochester-La Crosse transmission line project.
CapX2020 economic benefits
Learn about the significant local economic benefits of the CapX2020 transmission construction projects.
Drilled pier foundation construction
CapX2020 construction matting
CapX2020 civil construction crews use matting during transmission line construction for several reasons: it minimizes impact to vegetation and wetlands; lessens environmental impacts; alleviates compaction to farm fields; provides a safe, work platform; and allows access to challenging terrain.
CapX2020 transmission line construction using a helicopter
Get a bird’s-eye view of transmission line construction on the CapX2020 Monticello-St. Cloud 345 kV project. During summer 2011, a helicopter was used to pull wire and install spacers and bird diverters on the 28-mile line being built along Interstate 94 just northwest of Minneapolis.
CapX2020 sets transmission structure in a wetland
During January 2011 construction of the CapX2020 Monticello-St. Cloud 345 kV transmission line, a heavy-lift helicopter was used to set a 150-foot steel structure in an environmentally sensitive wetland. The site was fully restored following construction work in March 2011.
CapX2020 implosive connection devices
Demonstration of implosive devices used to splice high voltage electric transmission lines, such as those used on the CapX2020 projects.
Steel pilings foundation
CapX2020 crews install a steel piling foundation on the Fargo-St. Cloud project. This type of foundation is typically used when soil is unstable such as in a wetland.